Our highly respected program is certified by PMA (Pilates Method Alliance), and is taught throughout the world by PSC Master teachers such as Sarah Skaer & Mike Felbinger, both with over 12 years of Pilates experience. You will gain the knowledge necessary to be employed by studios, gyms, and to build your own studio and clientele.
Modular & All-Inclusive Program
Immerse yourself in our full-apparatus program (Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair), or take individual modules. Each module includes anatomy and our unique philosophy studies.
Small Class Sizes
Individualized attention and small teacher-to-student ratios allow you to learn, discover, and flourish in a safe, loving learning environment. Our comprehensive 450+ hour course will give you the skills you need to be competitive in today’s fitness industry
Program will fill up. Reserve your spot with a deposit today.
The Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training, the Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training program offers a curriculum rooted in classical Pilates with a contemporary approach. Students will learn how to properly assess and program for clients, preparing future Pilates professionals for a lifetime of rewarding, skillful careers. A fully photographic Manual will be provided for the course you will attend.
Each student will learn:
- Fundamental Pilates principals and philosophies
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy and biomechanics taught using visual aids in an interactive environment
- Pilates Mat / Reformer / Cadillac / Chair Repertoire in both Classical and Progressive Pilates styles with modifications and variations
- Small apparatus skills utilizing the jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands and balls
- Creative training and program development skills for any level of proficiency
- Medical anatomical terminology
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety • Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding indications and contraindications for specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- Graduates will the meet criteria for, and be prepared to take, the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam™
Pilates Teacher Training Program Map
Meet Your Teachers
Sarah Skaer & Mike Felbinger
Raised by a former diplomat and PHD professor father and worldly mother who created a childhood steeped in the best of Japanese tradition, created the foundation for a fierce curiosity that led her to start exploring the world on her own when she was 14. As a professional actor and dancer, Sarah traveled everywhere from Japan to London, Hawaii and all across America to the Broadway stages of NYC. Upon returning to Los Angeles, Sarah felt called to inspire others the way that she had felt on stage and screen through a more intimate sense of community than that of performing, where there maintains the division of audience to performer via the fourth wall. She envisioned a community of women who lifted each other up, who celebrated balance and style, humor and grace.
Both Sarah’s insatiable curiosity for affecting others and her love of movement drove her to pursue training in yoga, pilates and barre with pivotal leaders in the industry, most notably world renown Annie Carpenter who acted as an influential mentor. Sarah thrives off of the energy and feedback she receives from students. She believes her students’ true vibrant essence can be revealed through this movement, this vibrance can then have a ripple effect on to their kids, their career, and to the world. It’s both her personal mission along with Core Lotus’ mission to evoke these feelings for all women.
Mike’s calling is to help others be the best they can be and feel the best they can feel within their own body. A natural athlete, Mike has been involved in sports and the movement arts his whole life. He was introduced to Pilates in 1999 for dance conditioning. As a Master Pilates teacher, Spin, and Run instructor in the Los Angeles area Mike offers innovative, challenging classes, privates, and workshops infused with encouragement, fun, and intelligent focus. As an avid runner and marathoner, Mike has also developed a Pilates regimen specifically to condition and strengthen the runner’s body. Mike is passionate about training people within their individual challenge while helping them achieve the goals that are most important to them. His sessions are upbeat, energetic, and empowering.
SPREAD LOVE, TEACH PILATES
Notes from Our Past Students
I met Mike and Sarah Studio City while taking their intense Pilates training summer course. I am a physical actress and juggler with a background in fitness and dance as well as other physical activities.
Both Sarah and Mike are knowledgeable and they love and respect what they do. They are enthusiastic, passionate and positive. At the same time they are professionals, responsible and charismatic teachers making the class a creative, pleasant and effective learning experience.
I felt so supported when I was overwhelmed by the course. Their ability to distinguish the individual needs of the students is amazingly significant. They encouraged me when I really needed it. I look at them as great communicators, very specific, willing to give and share, inspiring, energized and the list can go on…
Thank you Mike and Sarah for your patience!
Spread your knowledge and wonderful energy!Marianna
There are many really good Pilates instructors in Los Angeles but maybe only a handful of truly extraordinary teachers. Mike Felbinger happens to be one of the remarkable ones. Mike has the skill to push you where you don’t really feel like going, the enthusiasm to make it feel like fun and the knowledge to make sure that you’re doing it right. His programs are always varied and unique, well-paced and well-planned. His intense joy in teaching is motivating and inspirational.Tom
Sarah is someone who can motivate, push you to your limits, and give you a great workout while putting a smile on your face. She is an excellent teacher who is very knowledgeable about the art of Pilates. I look forward to each session I work with her. Sarah is the best of the best!Rachel
$500 deposit to reserve your spot
Full Course (Fundamentals, Mat and Apparatus): $4,900.00 (Minus $500 Deposit to hold a spot in class)
Modular Pilates Apparatus Programs: (Minus Deposit of $100 for any single module)
- Nuts and Bolts / Philosophy – “Fundamentals” $300 – required for any program
- Pilates Mat – $1000 (you will attend the first 3 weeks of a Full Course)
- Reformer – $2000 – 6 weeks approx.
- Cadillac – $1000 – 3 weeks approx.
- Chair – $1000 – 2.5 weeks approx.
Private Programs available for $7,500.00. Modular Private Programs also avail. Please inquire
Certificate/Diploma issued upon completing all course requirements including, but not limited to:
- 128 hours of Classroom Experience with a PSC Master Trainer – Provided
- 75 hours of combined Observation/Apprenticeship in the Studio
- 100 hours of Practice Teaching/Charting with classmates/family/friends etc.
- 40 hours of Self Integration (additional Pilates experience with qualified instructor)
- Client Assessment and Programming Project – assignment
- Anatomy Assignment
- 15 hours Pilates Professional Video/DVD Online Observation
- Passing scores on tests, practical exams and projects
- Insurance needed to Practice at studio, please inquire
Requirements are different for Mat only or any Modular Course
- 25 hours of Observation/Apprenticeship of/with a qualified instructor
- 25 hours of Practice Teaching/Charting with classmates/family/friends etc.
- 10 hours of Self Integration (additional Pilates experience with qualified instructor)
- 5 hours Pilates Professional Video/DVD Observation
- Passing scores on tests, practical exams and projects
REFUND / CANCELLATION
A Non Refundable Deposit of $500.00 ($100 for Mat or a Module) is due with registration to reserve a place in the course. Tuition payments made prior to the course start will be refunded if cancellation is received 14 calendar days prior to the course start date that the applicant has applied to. Once course has begun, any and all tuition paid is NOT refundable. Your deposit entitles you to all PSC Studio discounts as soon as it is made. No Studio discounts given if tuition is refunded.